Pages

Thursday, June 16, 2011

The Sweater Rant

[Copied and pasted from my tumblr blog, a post from a few weeks ago. I figure I should explain my "about me" section. I'll start with the "sweater enthusiast" part. ]



I almost bought another sweater yesterday.
For anyone else, this would be a benign statement. However, for a raging sweater enthusiast such as myself, this is a huge problem. I have upwards of 20 sweaters. I haven’t counted lately; I’m sure I would be appalled if I did. 20 may not sound like a lot. But if you think about the fact that I could go almost three weeks without wearing the same sweater twice, you start to notice the crazy.
What’s worse is that I can’t stop buying them. It really is similar to a full-blown addition. I don’t even notice it, but when I walk into a store, I gravitate toward the knitted. Take yesterday’s sweater, for instance. It was a slate gray cardigan with embellishments. I have cardigans, I have gray sweaters, I have embellished sweaters. But I don’t have one with all three!!
It’s a huge problem for my wallet, for my quickly-diminishing amount of storage space, and for any hope of me ever changing my style. Luckily, I was dissuaded from buying yesterday’s sweater. But I can’t make any promises about a sweater that comes along next month, next week, or even tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment