Pages

Thursday, June 16, 2011

I'm being quite the prolific blogger this week


...chalk that up to several things, among them: this blog feels sadly sparse, I find myself with very little to do after 10PM, and I have a lot to say, apparently. You're Welcome.


I feel like I should maybe explain my blog title. Because it's become clear to me after some exploration that it's quite cliche. I realized the potential of this before, but decided it would be okay. I just decided, however,that it is not. Not without some explanation, anyway.

I decided I wanted to create a blog. That part was easy. The hard part was coming up with something clever to call it. Something that reflects me; something tasteful and classy and hopefully clever. That's harder than it sounds. I decided to scour my "quotes" Word document for something appropriate. Yes, I have a Word document full of quotes I like. I am one of those people...don't judge me. Inspirational doesn't always have to mean corny...

Anyway. I settled on the quote in my header up there: "Be patient towards all that is unsolved in your heart. And learn to love the questions themselves." -Rainer Maria Rilke. I decided when I read this one that it was most appropriate and applicable. There is quite a lot that is unsolved in my heart, and I'm trying my best to be patient with it all. I'm not always successful, but I'm working on it. I've also been on a quest to learn to love those heart-questions for a very long time. There are lots of things to love in this world, and I am definitely one to love wholeheartedly until the object of my love proves itself unworthy, which doesn't always work out to my advantage. So I guess I'm trying to figure out how to love properly, too. Where else to explore these kinds of thing but in a blog? After all, everyone's doing it these days. Why not me too? (Yep, I'm one of those people too. Sorry.) 

So here I am, learning to love. In all my cliched, corny glory. Hear me roar. 

2 comments:

  1. Aww. I love this post. Very relevant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree and it overall is such a good life lesson!

    ReplyDelete