Pages

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Sometimes...

Sometimes I read something someone else has written and it inspires within me something I cannot begin to describe. I don't cry often while reading books or watching movies. I'm not entirely sure why, yet, but I do know that when I do find something that makes me cry, that touches my emotional core in a way that the only way I can express what I'm feeling is to allow those feelings to escape from my eyes and roll down my cheeks, there's something special about it.
Like this: http://thoughtcatalog.com/2011/dont-date-a-girl-who-reads/. I don't even know what to call it. An essay? A blurb? As an English major I should be better at cataloging these sorts of things, but I am not. This thing, whatever it is, made me cry today. And I want everyone in the whole world to read it. Because that's what happens when I fall in love with something; part of me wants to save it, keep it all to myself so that no one else can tarnish its wonderfulness. But the other part of me is so ridiculously excited about whatever it may be that I want to spread it around everywhere, so that I can talk to other people about how great it is and revel in its amazing-ness with an audience rather than alone in my room at 1:30 AM.
Now that I've over-hyped this little guy, I'm going to stop rambling.


PS: please excuse the quality of the source, there...the link is semi-crappy but it gets the job done

2 comments:

  1. OMG that was phenomenal!!!! I want to somehow create that and put it on our wall in our room this year. Would you be down?

    P.S. this is Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would be SO down!! that needs to be read like every day...
    and as if I wouldn't know it was you silly goose :)

    ReplyDelete