Pages

Monday, December 5, 2011

Hello, Blog

I'm being a lame-o and not really blogging as much as I should. And of course, this "should" is self-imposed and in no way reflects any actual blog rules or regulations. Are there even such things? Probably not.

I think my main problem is that I self-edit too much. When I think about stuff to write, I end up thinking about how embarrassed I'd be if someone I knew read it, or if someone I blogged about read it, or....well you get the idea. Basically, I have a fear of not fitting into the blogosphere. I have anxiety about something, who'da thunk?

But really, though, I'm going to try to change all that. Starting right this very second. This is an empty promise, as you know, because I've made it a million times before. But this time I'm not promising to be a better blogger or a better writer or a better friend or anything FROM NOW ON or any other delusional grandiose statements. I'm just going to write a lengthy post right now and see what I feel like doing tomorrow.

This weekend was strange, mostly because it's the weekend before finals and I'm doing that thing where I feel like I should be stressing because everyone else is...but I really don't have anything to be nervous about until probably Tuesday or so. My only test is on Friday. I'm not really one to study for something WEEKS in advance, a few days will do. Tomorrow (today, I guess...) I have my fiction portfolio due. I finished my short story and compiled all my drafts and my short shorts for my portfolio. I'm not sure I'm 100% proud of my stories or not. But I've learned that with both painting and writing, I am too much of a perfectionist. But not in a good way. I work things until I kill them. My painting professor actually has to come up to me and say "Stop. You're done. Put the brush down." Oy. I went through my story today and changed the name of one of my character's dad's colleagues. This character appears in one sentence. I decided it really was important that his name be Richard instead of Jack. How silly. But despite my crazy, I have finally declared it finished. I will print it out in the morning, turn it in, and then hopefully go to the gym. We'll see how that goes.

I feel like that's good for one post. I was going to wax poetic about crushes (and current lack thereof) and various awkward things I've gone lately and maybe even this really cool piano mashup that involves Rebecca Black's "Friday" ...but I think instead I'll watch an episode of "Arrested Development" and go to bed. Fascinating, yes?

No comments:

Post a Comment